Thread: 2017 Foals

Schoolmaster

Default Re: 2017 Foals

Filly 2.15 this morning red bag !!!! Pics later

Eeeeek hope it all went okay

Veteran

Sounds like it was a good job you were about to spot that one Magicmadge! Hopefully mare and foal non the worse for a hastened delivery...

Starting to think my little maiden mare let me off the hook foaling at day 320! Some of you guys must be getting exhausted on foal watch...
    Last edited by cyberhorse; 15-06-17 at 03:05 PM.
    Riding: The art of keeping a horse between you and the ground.

Schoolmaster

Yes a very traumatic evening red bag but I stayed calm while daughter rang vet they were 20 mins away so I cut it and managed to get her out in less than 1 1/2 minutes. I felt quite chuffed with myself. Then I couldn't get her to nurse for the first 5 hours . I was so tired I could have got a part in he walking dead!!!! Filly is fine a bit upright on fronts but vets been and not worried at this stage as she has improved in 24 hours . Here she is this is Evie

r
    Last edited by Magicmadge; 15-06-17 at 08:09 PM.

My word, what a little sweetheart!!! I'm so pleased all ended well, and those legs will be fine in no time. I had one wee lad with legs so bent at the front he was bowlegged. He was as straight as a die in just over a week. She's just delightful. Congrats!!

shes adorable, congratulations. Blinking well done for coping too, that must have been awful, glad it all worked out OK

Schoolmaster

Little story of a BOGOF at work....Bought mare in Nov 16, March 17 I noticed she looked a little porky and having had an Irish BOGOF before was suspicious so got vet to check next day and he confirmed she was in foal! We didn't know how far along but he said near the end of pregnancy so we waited and waited and finally 3 months later we got a very nice surprise! Birth was text book and she gave me lots of signs she was close which was great as we had no due date. Only issue was she ran milk a few days before so we had to get some frozen colostrum. He is fine though. He still has no name, I think he suits Harry but owners are not convinced, any ideas? Also any clue what daddy could be? Mum is 16.1hh RID. Apolgies for size of pics, more foalie pics on the photobucket album http://s50.photobucket.com/user/BennyZ1039/story

Dec 16 - Arrived
    [IMG][/IMG]

Mar 17 - Suspicions (sorry got no decent pics)
    [IMG][/IMG]

Jun 17 - She's ready!
    [IMG][/IMG]

Welcome little man
    [IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

He's a sturdy lad, isn't he??? No idea what dad could be as the mare is a well-built girl herself, so your guess is as good as mine! I think he's going to be a decent size. A lovely gift!! Congrats!

Schoolmaster

Quote Originally Posted by Tetrarch 1911 View Post
    He's a sturdy lad, isn't he??? No idea what dad could be as the mare is a well-built girl herself, so your guess is as good as mine! I think he's going to be a decent size. A lovely gift!! Congrats!
    Sturdy is the word I think if he turns out anything like mum he will be ideal for the owners so fingers crossed he will be here for good. Current owners aren't really bothered about contacting previous owners but it's driving me mad!!

I don't know if you remember that I had a problem with one of my TB mares not getting in foal and costing me a fortune into the bargain. I had planned to breed a sprinting type that I could (hopefully) syndicate through a friend and have a bit of fun with. But she decided covering in-hand wasn't for her, and I brought her home. You guys advised finding a stallion to run with to see if that worked, so as she isn't very big (15.1) , I turned her out with my old pony stallion (Proud Knight TB x Llayl Tinkerbelle (WP-B)). She only ran with him for one season, as it was getting a bit late, but my elderly Albert did better than two very expensive sprint stallions!

Charlie arrived at 4am, and mum (a maiden mare) is fabulous! She is a lovely calm mum with lots of milk, and Charlie is a sweetie! Dark bay with a blaze and two hind socks. I'm aiming for a really nice PC pony with a bit of native bottom and the speed of the TB. Pics to follow.