Page 22 of 24 FirstFirst ... 12172021222324 LastLast

Thread: 2017 Foals

Default Re: 2017 Foals

I don't know if you remember that I had a problem with one of my TB mares not getting in foal and costing me a fortune into the bargain. I had planned to breed a sprinting type that I could (hopefully) syndicate through a friend and have a bit of fun with. But she decided covering in-hand wasn't for her, and I brought her home. You guys advised finding a stallion to run with to see if that worked, so as she isn't very big (15.1) , I turned her out with my old pony stallion (Proud Knight TB x Llayl Tinkerbelle (WP-B)). She only ran with him for one season, as it was getting a bit late, but my elderly Albert did better than two very expensive sprint stallions!

Charlie arrived at 4am, and mum (a maiden mare) is fabulous! She is a lovely calm mum with lots of milk, and Charlie is a sweetie! Dark bay with a blaze and two hind socks. I'm aiming for a really nice PC pony with a bit of native bottom and the speed of the TB. Pics to follow.

Schoolmaster

Congratulations!

Veteran

My baby arrived this morning. Escape Z x Fleetwater Opposition. He's out of my Intermediate event mare and hopefully he'll be a fun jumper for me in the future. I'm pretty smitten already!

Charlie, 1 day old, with mum up on the hill. By Brogar Poacher's Moon (Proud Knight xx ex Llayl Tinkerbelle WPB). TB dam (Kyllachy x mare by Danehill). Dam unraced but 3-parts sister to several good winners from a good sprinting family. I still hope to breed a sprinter from her by Hellvelyn!

His legs are still a wee bit bent but they'll straighten up soon. He's quite the cheeky fellow, but I love him to bits!

Schoolmaster

Congrats to you both lovely lovely babies. It's such a relief to get them on the ground !!!!!!! They are gorgeous .

What an eye-catching young man, TheMule!! Just lovely. Congratulations! I can't wait to see how all of the 2017 alumni grow up.

Horrible end to the year. My last mares foal was stillborn, so couldn't turn and was breach. Vet had it out in seconds after three of us were trying, what wonderful things they can do!

Mare is doing okay just looking very skinny but she's very bright and honestly didn't even wonder where the foal was she's forgotten about it entirely.

Oh, I'm so sorry to hear that! I'm glad your mare is bright enough and not missing the foal, though. A small blessing at least. Sometimes they just deal with it. So sad.
    Quote Originally Posted by equi View Post
    Horrible end to the year. My last mares foal was stillborn, so couldn't turn and was breach. Vet had it out in seconds after three of us were trying, what wonderful things they can do!

Mare is doing okay just looking very skinny but she's very bright and honestly didn't even wonder where the foal was she's forgotten about it entirely.

Out to Pasture

Quote Originally Posted by TheMule View Post
    My baby arrived this morning. Escape Z x Fleetwater Opposition. He's out of my Intermediate event mare and hopefully he'll be a fun jumper for me in the future. I'm pretty smitten already!

Oohhhh he's beautiful Themule. Escape Z is stunning too. Congratulations

Quote Originally Posted by Tetrarch 1911 View Post
    Charlie, 1 day old, with mum up on the hill. By Brogar Poacher's Moon (Proud Knight xx ex Llayl Tinkerbelle WPB). TB dam (Kyllachy x mare by Danehill). Dam unraced but 3-parts sister to several good winners from a good sprinting family. I still hope to breed a sprinter from her by Hellvelyn!

His legs are still a wee bit bent but they'll straighten up soon. He's quite the cheeky fellow, but I love him to bits!

Ahhh, what a cutie Tertarch . What a gorgeous pony like face ! Congratulations x

Out to Pasture

Quote Originally Posted by equi View Post

So sorry Equi. Glad your mare is ok x