Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1217202122

Thread: 2017 Foals

Default Re: 2017 Foals

I don't know if you remember that I had a problem with one of my TB mares not getting in foal and costing me a fortune into the bargain. I had planned to breed a sprinting type that I could (hopefully) syndicate through a friend and have a bit of fun with. But she decided covering in-hand wasn't for her, and I brought her home. You guys advised finding a stallion to run with to see if that worked, so as she isn't very big (15.1) , I turned her out with my old pony stallion (Proud Knight TB x Llayl Tinkerbelle (WP-B)). She only ran with him for one season, as it was getting a bit late, but my elderly Albert did better than two very expensive sprint stallions!

Charlie arrived at 4am, and mum (a maiden mare) is fabulous! She is a lovely calm mum with lots of milk, and Charlie is a sweetie! Dark bay with a blaze and two hind socks. I'm aiming for a really nice PC pony with a bit of native bottom and the speed of the TB. Pics to follow.

Schoolmaster

Congratulations!

Veteran

My baby arrived this morning. Escape Z x Fleetwater Opposition. He's out of my Intermediate event mare and hopefully he'll be a fun jumper for me in the future. I'm pretty smitten already!

Charlie, 1 day old, with mum up on the hill. By Brogar Poacher's Moon (Proud Knight xx ex Llayl Tinkerbelle WPB). TB dam (Kyllachy x mare by Danehill). Dam unraced but 3-parts sister to several good winners from a good sprinting family. I still hope to breed a sprinter from her by Hellvelyn!

His legs are still a wee bit bent but they'll straighten up soon. He's quite the cheeky fellow, but I love him to bits!

Schoolmaster

Congrats to you both lovely lovely babies. It's such a relief to get them on the ground !!!!!!! They are gorgeous .

What an eye-catching young man, TheMule!! Just lovely. Congratulations! I can't wait to see how all of the 2017 alumni grow up.