Page 22 of 24 FirstFirst ... 12172021222324 LastLast
Results 211 to 220 of 235

Thread: 2017 Foals

  1. #211

    Default Re: 2017 Foals

    I don't know if you remember that I had a problem with one of my TB mares not getting in foal and costing me a fortune into the bargain. I had planned to breed a sprinting type that I could (hopefully) syndicate through a friend and have a bit of fun with. But she decided covering in-hand wasn't for her, and I brought her home. You guys advised finding a stallion to run with to see if that worked, so as she isn't very big (15.1) , I turned her out with my old pony stallion (Proud Knight TB x Llayl Tinkerbelle (WP-B)). She only ran with him for one season, as it was getting a bit late, but my elderly Albert did better than two very expensive sprint stallions!

    Charlie arrived at 4am, and mum (a maiden mare) is fabulous! She is a lovely calm mum with lots of milk, and Charlie is a sweetie! Dark bay with a blaze and two hind socks. I'm aiming for a really nice PC pony with a bit of native bottom and the speed of the TB. Pics to follow.

  2. #212
    Schoolmaster
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    527

    Default Re: 2017 Foals

    Congratulations!

  3. #213
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    2,296

    Default Re: 2017 Foals

    My baby arrived this morning. Escape Z x Fleetwater Opposition. He's out of my Intermediate event mare and hopefully he'll be a fun jumper for me in the future. I'm pretty smitten already!


  4. #214

    Default Re: 2017 Foals

    Charlie, 1 day old, with mum up on the hill. By Brogar Poacher's Moon (Proud Knight xx ex Llayl Tinkerbelle WPB). TB dam (Kyllachy x mare by Danehill). Dam unraced but 3-parts sister to several good winners from a good sprinting family. I still hope to breed a sprinter from her by Hellvelyn!

    His legs are still a wee bit bent but they'll straighten up soon. He's quite the cheeky fellow, but I love him to bits!


  5. #215
    Schoolmaster
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Lincolnshire
    Posts
    879

    Default Re: 2017 Foals

    Congrats to you both lovely lovely babies. It's such a relief to get them on the ground !!!!!!! They are gorgeous .

  6. #216

    Default Re: 2017 Foals

    What an eye-catching young man, TheMule!! Just lovely. Congratulations! I can't wait to see how all of the 2017 alumni grow up.

  7. #217
    Old nag equi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Northern Ireland
    Posts
    7,199

    Default Re: 2017 Foals

    Horrible end to the year. My last mares foal was stillborn, so couldn't turn and was breach. Vet had it out in seconds after three of us were trying, what wonderful things they can do!

    Mare is doing okay just looking very skinny but she's very bright and honestly didn't even wonder where the foal was she's forgotten about it entirely.

  8. #218

    Default Re: 2017 Foals

    Oh, I'm so sorry to hear that! I'm glad your mare is bright enough and not missing the foal, though. A small blessing at least. Sometimes they just deal with it. So sad.
    Quote Originally Posted by equi View Post
    Horrible end to the year. My last mares foal was stillborn, so couldn't turn and was breach. Vet had it out in seconds after three of us were trying, what wonderful things they can do!

    Mare is doing okay just looking very skinny but she's very bright and honestly didn't even wonder where the foal was she's forgotten about it entirely.

  9. #219
    Out to Pasture
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Cheshire
    Posts
    2,468

    Default Re: 2017 Foals

    Quote Originally Posted by TheMule View Post
    My baby arrived this morning. Escape Z x Fleetwater Opposition. He's out of my Intermediate event mare and hopefully he'll be a fun jumper for me in the future. I'm pretty smitten already!

    Oohhhh he's beautiful Themule. Escape Z is stunning too. Congratulations

    Quote Originally Posted by Tetrarch 1911 View Post
    Charlie, 1 day old, with mum up on the hill. By Brogar Poacher's Moon (Proud Knight xx ex Llayl Tinkerbelle WPB). TB dam (Kyllachy x mare by Danehill). Dam unraced but 3-parts sister to several good winners from a good sprinting family. I still hope to breed a sprinter from her by Hellvelyn!

    His legs are still a wee bit bent but they'll straighten up soon. He's quite the cheeky fellow, but I love him to bits!

    Ahhh, what a cutie Tertarch . What a gorgeous pony like face ! Congratulations x

  10. #220
    Out to Pasture
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Cheshire
    Posts
    2,468

    Default Re: 2017 Foals

    Quote Originally Posted by equi View Post
    Horrible end to the year. My last mares foal was stillborn, so couldn't turn and was breach. Vet had it out in seconds after three of us were trying, what wonderful things they can do!

    Mare is doing okay just looking very skinny but she's very bright and honestly didn't even wonder where the foal was she's forgotten about it entirely.
    So sorry Equi. Glad your mare is ok x

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Find Horses For Sale