Default Livery Yards - North West Bristol

I'm in the process of looking for my first horse, but of course I need to find a decent livery yard space. I know the good ones are like gold dust because people stay and there's some that don't advertise. 'm obviously a novice owner, but I know the basics so I'm looking for assisted DIY or possibly part livery, depending on services and price. I can't be doing with yard politics, bitching or bullying (horses and clients) - just want somewhere friendly with plenty of turnout, a school and off-road hacking that won't mind my sons being there sometimes.

I'm looking in the Pucklechurch, Westerleigh, Wick area as I live in Staple Hill. I've tried Kathy Hooper's, but she filled her recent vacancy.

Veteran

Default Re: Livery Yards - North West Bristol

How about the Bitton area? I live in Fishponds so same sort of distance. There are a few yards on Goose green/Webbs Heath- I'm pretty sure Brook Farm had availablitiy a while ago (can check if the sign is still there when I drive past later. Cann Lane in Oldland, 15 Acres near Beach, the Meadows in Bitton, Springwater Farm.

Otherwise there's Kendleshire, Wapley Stables, not sure if Jim Short still runs his yard in Wick? I don't know what services they offer though.

Just backed

Quote Originally Posted by AmieeT View Post
    How about the Bitton area? I live in Fishponds so same sort of distance. There are a few yards on Goose green/Webbs Heath- I'm pretty sure Brook Farm had availablitiy a while ago (can check if the sign is still there when I drive past later. Cann Lane in Oldland, 15 Acres near Beach, the Meadows in Bitton, Springwater Farm.

Otherwise there's Kendleshire, Wapley Stables, not sure if Jim Short still runs his yard in Wick? I don't know what services they offer though.
    Kathy Hoopers was 35 a week just for stable and grazing, mind I've heard her grazing is bad so quite expensive IMO. Jim Short has space in Wick 200 a month all inclusive. 15 acres may have some space, think its about 90 a month, cheap and cheerful yard. Cann lane they're kept in all winter 24/7, so your choice. Spring water always have space.. they'll never live the bad name down of that place. think its 30pw there. I may be able to provide some numbers if you want to PM me.

Have a look at Oneway Livery in Hambrook, not far from Staple Hill who do assisted DIY only (help available on the odd occasion if needed)... getting there is going to be a bit of a pain with the viaduct works but I think getting anywhere will be a pain for the next year if you live in the area!

http://www.onewayliveryservices.co.uk
    My blog: facebook.com/FHDressage

Thanks for your replies. Sorry to say I've only just seen them. I have found a yard I think I'd be happy at. Just have to find the horse, which is proving a nightmare at the moment.