Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Sport horse

Default Re: What is the deal with Bernhard Maier?

Quote Originally Posted by cava14una View Post
    Not relevant to the topic but in both videos there was anther horse in the ring. I've never noticed that before is it common abroad?
    Yes totally normal! From the bottom levels up.

Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by joosie View Post
    That's the bit I don't get. All the stewards reported him after the fact, but nobody intervened while it was going on? The judges should have stopped him. I have seen amateur riders get a judges' warning for less than this!
    I'd like to know what the spectators were calling to him when he had the stop at the water. From the whistles it seemed they were telling him to give it up. The horse looks hot and tricky, even in the video on his statement, and quite a bit above his riding ability.

Sport horse

Never noticed it before?

According to this blog, the FEI was has issued a statement saying that the Austrian national federation suspended him for others reasons as well as his bad riding on Paddy's Darco. There seems toi be more to this that meets the eye https://www.horse-canada.com/cuckson...i-too/#respond

Old nag

He simply looks like a guy who had the money to buy a fancy horse and then isnt remotely good enough to ride it. Horrid to watch, feel awful for the horse. He deserved to be banned, but not just that - he shouldnt be allowed back at that level until he learns to ride!

Veteran

on another forum someone as at the show, and said he had had a distaer round the day before as well and had come out and beaten the horse. They speculated the ban was for that rather than the actual round