Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Veteran

Default Re: Weekend plans... :D

Ooh sounds fab Monte. Well done for getting out in the snow. Brrrrrrrr. Always nice to hear how you're getting on as we bought our grey Irish youngsters around the same time :-)
    I'm a Wobbleberry! I'd love it if you could make a donation to show your support for a worthy cause.

http://www.justgiving.com/fundraisin...terWobbleberry

Quote Originally Posted by Bernster View Post
    Ooh sounds fab Monte. Well done for getting out in the snow. Brrrrrrrr. Always nice to hear how you're getting on as we bought our grey Irish youngsters around the same time :-)
    Hi Bernster (waves) yes we did , I remember now :-). cannot believe that will be three years ago in February.. it has been a big learning curve for us but a good one!

so pleased with his attitude this year, just got to hitch up my brave pants a bit more now ...

Quote Originally Posted by LeannePip View Post
    WOW! That snow - well done for going

Monte, how was the ground at Tweseldown? I really need to get over there in the next couple of weeks? How much of it is open?
    Hi LP, LOL .. my trainer took that photo saying , see no fair weather riders here :-)

The ground was actually all fine (just a bit slippery on the big main schooling field ) but if I'd had studs in wouldnt have been a problem - my trainers horse was fine and he was studded up.

main schooling area is open and the new water and the long line of jumps to left and right of it, but none of the actual course was open. There was plenty of all sorts of height fences around to jump though, from 80ish up to novice and Int. I would say, so fine for a quick tune up but not really great if you want to try link a decent amount of fences together to replicate a proper course ( something i think we really need to get out to do to help horse to switch on and go after each fence)

We only went now as I had two vouchers to use up by end January so was worth doing :-)