Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Sport horse

Question Horsey Commuter Belt...

Having lived in London for the past 20months, I'm now desperate to move back out and actually see some countryside!

Are there any areas you'd suggest? I'm open to all areas but must be no more than 1hour train into London, and ideally a nice but affordable place to live.

I've been focusing on Surrey, but realise I may well be pigeon-holing myself away from some great areas.

Default Re: Horsey Commuter Belt...

Hi!

I'm out in Essex and there are some lovely horsey places. You could try Rayleigh/Hockley/Rochford - all under an hour to Liverpool Street?

It probably depends on where in London you work as to where would be a good place to live unless you’re only counting the train in as your hour not any bus or tube when you get there. Nothing in commuter belt will be cheap though.

Well, I'm in Bedfordshire. 30 mins to Euston on a fast train and reasonably affordable. Quite a lot of horsey peeps round here too.

Old nag

Quote Originally Posted by C1airey View Post
    Well, I'm in Bedfordshire. 30 mins to Euston on a fast train and reasonably affordable. Quite a lot of horsey peeps round here too.
    It really is a nice area to keep horses as well. I'm too poor to live there so am in Northampton, but that will be too far out I imagine. I'd happily live in Beds if I had a London salary to support it though

Sport horse

Thanks all Definitely a couple more places.

C1airey - where in Bedfordshire are you/do you recommend?

PM'd you

I'm in Kent and its about 40-60mins into London depending on where you need to go!

Quote Originally Posted by Perfect-Piaffe View Post
    I'm in Kent and its about 40-60mins into London depending on where you need to go!
    Me too. Can get to most places in London within 40-50mins from our nearest station. It's a very horsey area around me, but I can't comment on prices as have nothing to compare to... It was actually 25mins on the train to London Bridge from the town where I went to school (20-25mins drive from where I live), which is also a relatively horsey area!

https://eventinghenry.weebly.com/

Some stars shine so brightly that they can't shine for long: RIP Rosie 2004-2016

Surrey is a great spot, but you need to be prepared for long, crowded train journeys. Good to do the research and find somewhere where u have s chance of getting a seat to either work or message on here!