Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Horsey Commuter Belt...

If you can bear the flat lands (and, from my personal experience, the slightly xenophobic nature of some of the Fenland inhabitants - largest concentration of UKIP voters in the UK (Northants side is much nicer)) Peterborough is 45 mins to Kings Cross. Cambridge is likewise. This is useful: http://www.cityam.com/274795/most-af...ur-commute-can

Sport horse

Some parts of Berkshire - we're a 23 min train journey to Paddington (quite a few of the towns/villages round here are). Loads of amazing yards and great hacking, plus you're close to loads of great training facilities/comp venues.

Veteran

Sorry to threadjack slightly but Pixie, where are you? I think I'm in a similar area but horse is still back in Surrey so contemplating a move before winter but struggling to find many places.

OP- depends which bit of London you need to get to - Kent is cheaper than Surrey (for human and horsey rent from what I know) and trains would take you to St Pancras or Victoria (I think!) Surrey way would take you to Waterloo. I lived in Woking for a long while- 27 minutes into Waterloo and plenty of yards up to half an hour away from the town centre to choose from. If you prefer to drive in the M3/A3/M4 are all nearby.
    Equally I now live in South Bucks and am under half an hour train ride into Paddington and straight out onto the m4 or m40 if driving. Not sure about the yard front though as not explored that side of things yet.

Veteran

Lots of options into Kings Cross and Liverpool street but as you probably know travelling across London can be really slow - the Kings X interchange can be tricky as so many people trying to get on the Northern Line that you have to wait for a few trains before you can get on.

Sport horse

Quote Originally Posted by chaps89 View Post
    Sorry to threadjack slightly but Pixie, where are you? I think I'm in a similar area but horse is still back in Surrey so contemplating a move before winter but struggling to find many places.
    I'll PM you.