Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 345671015 ... LastLast

Thread: Cheltenham

Veteran

Default Re: Cheltenham

why oh why do they not undo the tight grakle on bouvier d air? i understand that some horses need to be controlled in the race but that poor horse is still walking around trying to breathe after a tough race. im sure he would have had some water if he could have opened his mouth a bit. there is so much bad feeling about dressage horses being kranked in (and rightly so!!!) where are the racing welfare people!!!!!! i would have thought NH would have been more sympathetic to the horse...some of you that work in racing, please enlighten me.....

Old nag

I'm 100% with you there. ITV would have been better off not showing how tight it was in the first place, and it should have been undone on pulling up. He looked shakey when he first pulled up, he worked really hard and would have liked to swallow and rearrange his tongue, I am sure.
    We are in for a gallop, away, away,
    I told them my beauty could fly...

Veteran

glad im not the only one to be unhappy with this...even if itv didnt show it it is still very wrong IMO

Old nag

It's normally the first thing that is undone and usually if you forget or get wait too long to do it the vets come and tell you to undo it and give you a rollicking! So not sure where they were during all of this either! But yes - shame on the person bringing him in for not undoing it straight away!

It's been a good days racing! I am disappointed that Apples Jade was beaten but that's racing! She does better for having a recent run and she hadn't ran since the end of December.

Old nag

Quote Originally Posted by splashgirl45 View Post
    glad im not the only one to be unhappy with this...even if itv didnt show it it is still very wrong IMO
    I do agree, with the tightness I only meant they showed that big guy absolutely cranking it up and up in the saddling boxes, better to have shown something else maybe.

Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Clodagh View Post
    I do agree, with the tightness I only meant they showed that big guy absolutely cranking it up and up in the saddling boxes, better to have shown something else maybe.
    see what you mean, i was not happy to see the force he used and how the horses cheek was bulging out.....thanks EKW that makes me feel better that horse welfare is being monitored even if the numpties today werent pulled up about it...

Just reading the BBC report was listening to some of the live commentary at work but left at half 4 apparently there were a couple of fatalities? None of the reports on racing post seem to mention them though?

Old nag

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy_cat_lady View Post
    Just reading the BBC report was listening to some of the live commentary at work but left at half 4 apparently there were a couple of fatalities? None of the reports on racing post seem to mention them though?
    Yes sadly 2.
    Mossback in the NH challenge cup 4.50
    Report to base in Nov handicap chase 5.30

Old nag

Congratulations to Lizzie Kelly with her first festival winner it is lovely for a smallish set up too.

Old nag

Quote Originally Posted by popsdosh View Post
    Congratulations to Lizzie Kelly with her first festival winner it is lovely for a smallish set up too.
    It is. I have never been a huge fan of her but she came across beautifully, so delighted and emotional. She rode brilliantly.