Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Vet cock-ups - Veterinary Defence Society

Quote Originally Posted by JanetGeorge View Post
    lol, I have talked to my insurers too often in the past year. Latest is a member of staff planning on suing me because she fell off the quietest horse I have and broke her leg. It got complicated and she's been on SSP+ for 4 months now! I really don't think a lawyer could help me with this: another member of staff (who is loyal and talkative) was dragged in to see the lawyer of the girl planning on suing me - and about all he wanted her to tell him was if you could teach a horse NOT to spook - and what do they spook at.
    Isn't your liability insurance for injury to employees kept as a separate contract from your liability insurance for injury to clients? And both these separate from your insurance for horses as business assets?

The thing about your employee "loyal and talkative" employee being "dragged in to see the lawyer of the girl planning on suing" you is slightly worrying... I hope that the two of them were not alone for that discussion; either you or your own representative should be present for that.

Old nag

Quote Originally Posted by Keith_Beef View Post
    The thing about your employee "loyal and talkative" employee being "dragged in to see the lawyer of the girl planning on suing" you is slightly worrying... I hope that the two of them were not alone for that discussion; either you or your own representative should be present for that.
    All my insurance is with the same company - and they have been very good. The only claim I've ever had to make was when my tack room was emptied. I wasn't notified about the lawyer meeting except by the third party - but not too worried about that one,
    Who cares about the treatment of horses and ponies at sub-standard markets - and works to improve conditions? Who manages a well-run sanctuary caring for some of those who fall through the net? Who spends EVERY penny you donate on caring for needy horses and ponies? Equine Market Watch, that's who!

http://www.justgiving.com/EMWAppeal2014 - every little bit helps!!

Did the vets keep notes?! Well thats good because my previous vets didnt keep notes other than accounts of the 13,500 quid they had to treat my horse Silverfire, mostly teeth problems (silverfire is my other user name) they refused to answer my questions, ignored my letter asking for compensation since the vet totally missed the fact my horse quid for two years because her teeth were wrong shape which he should of seen in the twenty plus times he looked in her mouth, and told me to go elsewhere with no notes. My other horses didnt have notes either. While telling me to go elsewhere they did knock some money off my account as a goodwill gesture only (which I had asked them to do for the other horse who ended up dead due to a leg infection and not an arthritic hock as the vet had thought.) First time I complained to them about anything in 25 years of using them. RCVS didnt want to know and are not interested in anything like that. They were also not interested in the fact an RCVS practice did not keep detailed notes as per RCVS guidelines. They told me to seek legal advice for which I had no money left to do and by then it was coming up to three years anyway.

Old nag

Well I got the clinical notes yesterday - on SOME of my horses. A lot were very brief (for the size of the bill, at least) and quite a few missing.. I have demanded the rest. I think many vets are not just good enough.
    Who cares about the treatment of horses and ponies at sub-standard markets - and works to improve conditions? Who manages a well-run sanctuary caring for some of those who fall through the net? Who spends EVERY penny you donate on caring for needy horses and ponies? Equine Market Watch, that's who!

http://www.justgiving.com/EMWAppeal2014 - every little bit helps!!