Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Just backed

Default Re: Yards around Boston Spa

Well they are all moved in, I'm back in Hertfordshire miserable and I'm not back in Wetherby till 22nd, pub re opens on the 21st. Please spread the word.

Schoolmaster

Glad to hear it's all gone well - and 22nd is only 10 days away really! Don't forget to tell us the name of the pub, happy to spread the word.

High upon a hillside stencilface's Avatar

Glad to hear they're moved, you'll be moving all too soon. Hopefully wetherby will have some flipping sunshine by then too

Just backed

The Admiral Hawke is the pub name 😀

Good luck with it.

When I saw the thread title, I thought it was an attack of auto-correct. "Surely it should be Buxton Spa", I thought...

Then I read through... Mention of Thorp Arch brought back memories of some company that used to advertise itself as being at "Thorp Arch, near Wetherby"; I think it was furniture, and the ad was recorded with a definite Yorkshire accent, but not the far west Riding accent that almost sounds like Lancashire.

Anyway, I wish you the best of luck with your pub; I love Sam Smith's beers, but don't get much chance to drink them over here in France. Maybe the odd bottle now and again, when my local offie has them in.

Veteran

We should have a H&H meet up.at the pub. There are a lot of us Yorkshire folks on here. Also if your ever Leeds way you must pop into our little independant horse & donkey sanctuary. Been going for well over 50 years now.

Just backed

I'm moving in August so when I'm settled I will arrange a HHO pub night 😀 I will deffo come and visit the donkeys Kaylum, I love donkeys 😀

Veteran

There's Lilac Farm in Collingham, as someone else said, New Laithe Farm in Harewood, and lots of other smaller places that all do DIY. In fact, there are so many liveries around Boston Spa, Collingham, Wetherby, Shadwell, Thorner etc. that you really shouldn't have a problem finding somewhere! Leeds Equestrian on Facebook is also a useful place to post if you're looking for recommendations