Default Happy Birthday Herbie!

A bit of a pointless post but it's hard to believe he's a year old already! I adore this wee boy and couldn't love him more. He's so affectionate and a total joy to have around despite the odd cheeky moment, he just makes me smile so much. I often wake with his head next to mine, sandwiched between Mr EM and me.

Things got off to a rough start, we brought him home and two days later I was rushed into hospital with meningitis so I wasn't around much at the start, not ideal with a new puppy but Mr EM did his best and all worked out in the end.

He has given our other terrier a totally new lease of life and they're best friends. He spends a lot of time at home so heading to Blair was worrying but, although initially a bit overawed, he coped really well, was perfectly behaved in the hotel and made lots of new friends.

Just passing through... MrsMozart's Avatar

Default Re: Happy Birthday Herbie!

He is so cute!

Very glad you got well again. May you have very many happy years together.

"One life - live it"

Old nag

Such a cutie. :-)
    We are in for a gallop, away, away,
    I told them my beauty could fly...

Chief Photograph-Poster JennBags's Avatar

Oh Happy birthday Herbie, so glad you've brought joy into your humans lives
    You'll always find me in the kitchen at parties

Fancy a drink and a chat? Join the friendly bunch at The Lock Inn

Veteran

Cute and I daresay bursting with personality.

Happy birthday Herbie 😊 what a dear boy he looks to be, he is so lucky to have found you and vice versa 😄 x

Veteran

Happy birthday to Herbie, glad things have worked out well and he is such a success.
    My family were at Blair with a horse in the one star, they had their mini sausage dog with them who had a great time. They were in a lorry though, not a hotel. Good to find a dog friendly one.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiffy View Post
    Happy birthday to Herbie, glad things have worked out well and he is such a success.
    My family were at Blair with a horse in the one star, they had their mini sausage dog with them who had a great time. They were in a lorry though, not a hotel. Good to find a dog friendly one.
    We do Blair each year and have a rolling booking with the Atholl Arms, lots of people have dogs with them there. I saw your horse in the 1* dressage and xc! I miss the days when my son competed there (he now works in the stable management team) although it's definitely a more relaxing experience and I can now enjoy a good breakfast on xc day rather than being wracked with nerves!

Veteran

That’s true, EM. I didn’t go as we were all off to Burghley the next week. Blair was a last minute decision. The horse was a year too inexperienced really but he got the qualifications so they decided to give it a go. He has come out of it well and is going to do an ordinary novice next week to finish the season.
    I thought you would have to book accommodation early, we did when we had a horse in the 2* quite a few years ago.

Happy Birthday Herbie.